Photos for January Stones and April PAD 2012 property of M J Dills (exception 1/16)







Thursday, April 28, 2016

April 28, 2016 - For today’s prompt, take the phrase “Important (blank)"

IMPORTANT LOAN




When I speak of My House
My Street
My Neighbors
My Children
My Cat, My Dog, or the Birds in My Yard
I am commenting as a thief.
Innocently so, and yet….
These things are, none of them,
Mine.
For a short time I might embrace them, admire them, chase them, hug them,
Clean them, shun them, break them, mend them.
All these things are simply on loan
For my use, while I’m here;
And when I leave
I am expected to leave them in good condition,
Unharmed, repaired, cleaned up, left in their proper place.
The Mother allows us to borrow, make use of her things and
Treat her with respect and love.
She gives; we are to give back.
We have learned to kill and maim and sunder and sully.
We have tarnished, defiled, raped and stolen.
We are beggars, not choosers.
She will charge us with interest we cannot remit.
We are the stealing borrowers; borrowing thieves.

************
Thanks for reading.......


No comments:

Post a Comment