Photos for January Stones and April PAD 2012 property of M J Dills (exception 1/16)







Thursday, April 14, 2016

April 14, 2016 The prompt is to Write a Time-Out Poem

 Image result for yoga


(Every Tuesday and Thursday, I go to a yoga class at the Y for one hour. This is my time. No phone. No contact. I am alone in a sea of people who are also alone; we are doing ourselves. We are doing nothing else.)



My Yoga

Strength
Balance
Breathing
Energy

I am  
T
R
E
E
.
.
.
Rooted and reaching, my leaves growing to East, to West

I shift from being a Child to a Warrior in the course of one hour
Soft to inflexible
Cradled to keen

Strength
Balance
Breathing
Energy


Learning how to breathe again,
In
Out
In
Out
Resting, as I have not rested in the past
Resting now, as I cannot rest in any place other than here

Free

Strength
Balance
Breathing
Energy

I cross my hands over my heart and thank her for beating
I thank her for being strong and giving me a day
After day
After day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment