Photos for January Stones and April PAD 2012 property of M J Dills (exception 1/16)







Sunday, April 10, 2016

April 10, 2016 - Prompt is write a poem about an emotion

SAD


Downtown the other day, I saw the face of meth and it made me very sad. It’s everywhere.

A young Asian woman with an empty baby stroller in Westlake Center sat at an outdoor table with a Caucasian man and they were both so jacked up, they were freezing in the brilliant sunshine, surrounded by people in tank tops and shorts.

She was talking so fast, her words were like spattered paint. I thought about who she is, where did she come from, are her parents looking for her. Where was the baby that once occupied the stroller?

It broke my heart to watch her tapping her foot, her knee going like a piston… nowhere… fast.

Her partly concealed beauty probably keeps her going, fix to fix. She was so young, not that much older than my 12 year old granddaughter.

My granddaughter and I had been to the art museum for an exhibit, after a cloth napkin lunch at The Brooklyn.  I held my granddaughter’s hand and pulled her closer to me, elbow to elbow.

Such sadness to think how some children fly away. Like moths to flames. 

~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for reading.....

No comments:

Post a Comment