Photos for January Stones and April PAD 2012 property of M J Dills (exception 1/16)







Tuesday, April 12, 2016

April 12, 2016 The prompt is to write a serious poem



One Sided Conversation

-If a boy comes, it’s my son; please let him in.
-I am always expecting him. I expected him from the beginning… (giggles a little). Don’t we expect all our children?
-Yes, but my son came first.
-Oh, you will know him. He’s handsome and always smiles. He’s a real sweetheart.
-How old is he? Well, I guess he’s not a boy, is he? (Giggles a little again.)
-Yes, he is a man now.
-I’m not sure. I spoke to him on the phone around Christmastime. But I can’t… I’m not quite sure the last time I saw him. But I’m sure he will come.
-Yes, he's a man now; you are right. But to me, he will always be a boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment