Photos for January Stones and April PAD 2012 property of M J Dills (exception 1/16)







Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Until Light April 7, 2010










Another "fill-in-the-blank" prompt. This time "Until _____."
This is a bit of a rush job. Not my best but I am quite sure, not my worst, either.


Until Light

Muffled sound of
Late night cars
Whisper along in the street below.
A car alarm, close or far, I can’t tell
Gives off erratic songs
Changing meter, volume, pattern
In the effort to wake someone (anyone).
Errant drops sift through leaves in the gutter
And fall,
Banging out a rhythm on some hidden piece of tin.
Refrigerator humming
With an occasional clunk
Adds to the thump of my heart,
While
Ticking clock
Keeps a beat near my ear
In its quest to jangle me
Mere moments before I’ve fallen asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment