Photos for January Stones and April PAD 2012 property of M J Dills (exception 1/16)







Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Sonnet for Cristina




The prompt for today is "write a sonnet" and I have used this photo with permission from my friend, Cristina, who is currently living in Rio de Janeiro. The richness of this image could have inspired a lot of different emotions but Romeo got stuck in my damn head and wouldn't go away. This is where we ended up. I hope you like it, Cristina.

A Sonnet for Cristina

Where are you, Romeo? Answer your damn phone!
My amigas told me to not take a chance,
Warned me I’d find myself dressed up and all alone
Waiting for some handsome body to take me to the dance.

Still, I made a plan to wear this dress, all pink and peach,
Scent behind my ears, shine on my fingers and toes,
Sparkles all over and new blush on my cheeks,
My hair tied up in rows and rows of satin bows.

I’m a beautiful woman and you’re just another guy
Lucky to have the likes of me decorate your arm.
I won’t even bother when I see you to ask why;
Won’t fall for your lies and irresistible charm.

I’m hanging up forever on you, boring Romeo…
Where’s that other boy’s number? I’m calling Alfonso!

.

.

2 comments: