Photos for January Stones and April PAD 2012 property of M J Dills (exception 1/16)







Thursday, June 16, 2016

49




I don’t have personal history so
I can’t truly speak of inner and
constant fear,
threat to safety,
misery of concealment.
What I have is familiarity,
memories of mirror balls and strobe lights,
techno decibels and Gloria Gaynor,
beautiful sweaty bodies,
glistening with rendezvous and desire,
walking home in a tropical dawn,
laughing with my gay boys, arm and arm,
one last cigarette and
maybe a splash in the pool in the dark.
I
have
been
there.
Gathered in clubs with smiles large and
laughter unbound,
grinding,
shimmying,
thrusting,
modified salsa way past midnight.
Never a thought of danger,
nor an allusion of dread,
no panic, no fright.
Shaking the images in my imagination
is not a simple process.
I can no way comprehend
the terror.
And
I cannot accept the anguish.
These feelings of loss and sorrow
are not mine personally but
they could have been
us.
We could have been
them.
My mourning is not extinguished.
My grief is still twirling on the dance floor.



Orlando June 12 2016

Thank you for reading.......

No comments:

Post a Comment