Photos for January Stones and April PAD 2012 property of M J Dills (exception 1/16)







Wednesday, May 11, 2016

My Personal Hijab



Sometimes I wonder, if I was a guy, I’d get more respect if I was a drug addict, alkie, street scum.
As a female, I get less respect in any corner standing next to any man.
I shake my head when I hear scornful talk about “those poor women who are forced to wear a hijab.” Besides being a religious preference, a hijab actually makes a statement in many ways. It says I am not a man. Just call it; tell it like it is. Let me wear my egg on my face and you can know what I am. I will own it.
In my personal world, my hijab is invisible.
It doesn’t matter if I’m in a discussion about the NFL; NBA; construction; traffic; electrical systems in foreign autos;  building management…  I am talked over, ignored, looked down on, and I’ve felt it all my life.
All my female, second class citizen life.
It’s going to take a long time for this treatment to run its course.
Am I voting with my vagina? You can bet your balls I am.

Thanks for reading……….(Wednesday prompt)


No comments:

Post a Comment